Which sutta is Ven. Dhammavuddho referring to in this video?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Tom

Which sutta is Ven. Dhammavuddho referring to in this video?

Post by Tom »

Which sutta, from the Anguttara Nikaya, is Ven. Dhammavuddho referring to in this video:
from 0:15 to 0:31?
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Which sutta is Ven. Dhammavuddho referring to in this video?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Not Dhamma

140. Those monks who explain what is not Dhamma as not Dhamma, work for the welfare, happiness, and benefit of gods and men. They make much merit and preserve the true Dhamma.

141. Those monks who explain what is Dhamma as Dhamma, work for the welfare, happiness, and benefit of gods and men. They make much merit and preserve the true Dhamma.

142-9. Those monks who explain not Vinaya as not Vinaya, Vinaya as Vinaya, what was not said by the Tathägata as not said by him, what was said by him as said by him, what was not practised by him as not practised by him, what was practised by him as practised by him, what was not laid down by him as not laid down by him, what was laid down by him as laid down by him, work for the welfare, happiness, and benefit of gods and men. They make much merit and preserve the true Dhamma.

(A.i.140-149)
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thank You. Also, which sutta is he referring to from 1:37 to 1:42?
plwk

Post by plwk »

Thank You. Also, which sutta is he referring to from 1:37 to 1:42?
Perhaps, what Ven Dhammavuddo have in mind is this one?
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .vaji.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now the Blessed One spoke to the Venerable Ananda, saying:
"It may be, Ananda, that to some among you the thought will come: 'Ended is the word of the Master; we have a Master no longer.'
But it should not, Ananda, be so considered.
For that which I have proclaimed and made known as the Dhamma and the Discipline, that shall be your Master when I am gone.