Greetings once more

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Greetings once more

Postby Jayantha-NJ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 am

Metta everyone,

I use to be on here as Ferox a year or two ago. Since that time I took the 8 lifetime precepts with Bhante G at Bhavana Society and was given the Pali name Jayantha. I continue to get deeper into my practice and have the intention to renounce in about a year. I just remembered this community and decided to come back to learn and also give whatever small wisdom I have. While this community can often times get off track and overly disputatious, I cannot deny how much I learned in my short months here last time.

looking forward to studying and practicing dhamma with you all,

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Greetings once more

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Welcome back! And congratulations on going further with precepts and renunciation.

Postby befriend » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 pm

welcome back, sadhu! :anjali:
when walking say to yourself "i am walking" when riding in a car say to yourself "i am sitting in a seat riding in a car" make sure to be concious of the statement, use your intelligence to simply comprehend it and in my experience this is the best way to be mindful in daily life.

Paul Davy

Postby Paul Davy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 am

Welcome back, and best wishes.

Retro. :)
“I hope, Anuruddha, that you are all living in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.” (MN 31)

What is the final conviction that comes when radical attention is razor-edge sharp? That the object of the mind is mind-made (manomaya). (Ven. Ñāṇananda)

Dharma Paths Practice Community

Return to “Introductions”