bottles

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

bottles

Post by tiltbillings »

http://www.thiscrazyweb.com/buddhist-te ... r-bottles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Re: bottles

Post by Ben »

Ingenious, but - are they empty or full?
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:Ingenious, but - are they empty or full?
To tap the opportunities in the Thai beer market where beer consumption is amongst the highest in Asia . . .
http://www.apb.com.sg/thailand.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Empty, I would guess. Full bottles would be too heavy for some of the structures.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

tiltbillings wrote:
Ben wrote:Ingenious, but - are they empty or full?
To tap the opportunities in the Thai beer market where beer consumption is amongst the highest in Asia . . .
http://www.apb.com.sg/thailand.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Empty, I would guess. Full bottles would be too heavy for some of the structures.
If they weren't empty when they were installed, they would be soon after. :tongue:
:toast:

:namaste:
Kim
Ben

Post by Ben »

tiltbillings wrote: Full bottles would be too heavy for some of the structures.
Perhaps, the Thais and Burmese do similar structures in stone and concrete and then decorate with gold leaf and semi-precious gems.
I imagine full bottles would provide excellent insulation.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
poto

Post by poto »

Ben wrote: I imagine full bottles would provide excellent insulation.
No, empty bottles provide better insulation.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis