Introducing Maha Bodhi LV

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
plwk

Re: Ajahn Brahm in Las Vegas!

Post by plwk »

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:twothumbsup: Great talk by Ajahn Brahm. Yes, gaming, not gambling. Most people who do come to Las Vegas come to just see shows and other entertainment, not for gambling or if they do gamble, do so with a strict budget and just as a form of entertainment, not expecting to win (what he calls gaming, not gambling). Sure, it would be inappropriate for monastics to attend shows or gamble, but for lay people there is nothing wrong with a little entertainment, after all watching tv, sports, going to shows, movies, etc., are also entertainment.
Bhikkhu_Jayasara

Post by Bhikkhu_Jayasara »

good to see other Brahmaddicts here on dhamma wheel.... I credit Ajahn Brahm as my first real Buddhist teacher and being in large part the source that helped me turn my meditation practice around and begin to flourish. It would be an honor to meet him one of these days.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bhikkhu Jayasāra -http://www.youtube.com/studentofthepath and https://maggasekha.org/
Nickson

Post by Nickson »

Jayantha-NJ wrote:good to see other Brahmaddicts here on dhamma wheel.... I credit Ajahn Brahm as my first real Buddhist teacher and being in large part the source that helped me turn my meditation practice around and begin to flourish. It would be an honor to meet him one of these days.
Brahmaddicts haha! that is Good, I really enjoy Listening to Ajahn Brahms Dhamma Talks, Very Helpful! :twothumbsup:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Introducing Maha Bodhi LV

Post by DNS »

Some recent events at Maha Bodhi LV:

Ajahn Gatasaro giving a Dhamma talk

Bhikkhuni Vimala leading a retreat (November 2013)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

One of the meditators about to fall asleep (Rama I)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Some round cushions I found in a local store shaped sort of like zafus, so purchased them for the meditation hall
Ben

Post by Ben »

Great photos, David.
I love the chip cushions, they're a scream!
Kind regards,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..