Hello, everyone

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
The Cold One

Hello, everyone

Post by The Cold One »

Greetings from Northern Minnesota, I have actually been studying Buddhism, off and on, for a couple of years now.
I have had some health problems that I have had to deal with (seizures/migraines) that put it on hold for a while, and i have forgotten a lot that I have learned.
Now, that I have things sorted out again, I feel that things can proceed again.This seems to be the place to be, with knowledgeable and helpful people.
John1122

Re: Hello, everyone

Post by John1122 »

Welcome to the boards.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello TCO,

Welcome to DhammaWheel! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:
:toast:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Welcome. I grew up in Moorhead, which as far north as are you. It can be cold, very cold, but then I am thankful for not living in Winnipeg.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome, The Cold One,

I hope you have a warm time here...

:anjali:
Mike
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome to DW!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
The Cold One

Post by The Cold One »

Thanks for the "warm" welcome everyone, we have been pretty lucky this year so far. Tomorrow,7 above for the high.
Tiltbillings: Yes, I am about 70 miles north of Duluth, if you are familiar with the city.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greetings TCO.
In this country "a cold one" usually refers to a cold beer!
Anyway, welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Still Searching

Post by Still Searching »

Welcome new comer!
I'm also new here and have studied a bit.
Bakmoon has been helping me out and has taught quite a bit, also, other members have given me some good info and corrected my mistakes so feel free to read some of the comments in my thread.

Right now, I am studying meditation and the Eightfold Path.
The 1 mistake I made about meditation is Buddhist meditations are different from any other meditations.
This I did not realize until other members cleared up with me.
I also found out the Eightfold Path is the Forth Noble truth which another member on here has told me.

Message me any time and we both can learn true Buddhism together and help each other on our journey.

Good luck and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here and I am pleased that you have gotten your seizures & migraines sorted.

- AJ
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha