Friday...

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
plwk

Re: Friday...

Post by plwk »

Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Before zombies and flaming meteors advance, do the safety dance.

:P
David2

Post by David2 »

SamKR

Post by SamKR »

What would you do now -- if the world were really going to end tomorrow, that is only a day remains to practice Dhamma in this life?
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

SamKR wrote:What would you do now -- if the world were really going to end tomorrow, that is only a day remains to practice Dhamma in this life?
I would like to think that I would keep on pretty much as usual. What I would actually do, however, I just don't know.
:shrug:

:namaste:
Kim
SamKR

Post by SamKR »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
SamKR wrote:What would you do now -- if the world were really going to end tomorrow, that is only a day remains to practice Dhamma in this life?
I would like to think that I would keep on pretty much as usual. What I would actually do, however, I just don't know.
:shrug:

Kim
Right. I also don't know what I would actually do. But I like to think that I would use every second following the eight-fold path. But since I believe the world is not going to end tomorrow I am not following the path to my best. :tongue:
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Read where the actual moment the Mayan calendar runs out is 12:11 GMT today (the 21st)...hang on...

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/20/the_may ... _not_nigh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting article concerning...
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Ben wrote:
Kim O'Hara wrote:The end of the world is coming anyway ... that computer is still churming out the Nine Billion Names of God http://downlode.org/Etext/nine_billion_ ... f_god.html

:reading:
Kim
Thanks Kim.
I think Arthur C Clarke should have done a bit more research. There is no supreme being in Vajrayana.
Yes, I know. That part of it fits much better with Kabbalah.
But it's still a good story.

Kim
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I knew this would end the world!
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

"Life goes on, ha ha"
Nelson Muntz (when a doomsday date did not pan out)