Dhamma Wheel meetings

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 pm

yawares wrote:They should do Thai dance too..to complete the happy day. When I was with Tep at Engineering Conference in Hua-Hin(Beach Hotel), Thailand , not only great foods/desserts..Thai Classical Dance included...everybody enjoyed the show !
You're DhammaWheel :anjali: ...Why are you not there??
yawares[/color] :thinking:


Hi yawares,

Yes, I'd love to see Thailand one day. So far I have only been to India, Nepal, and the Middle East, in the continent of Asia.

No, I prefer just tea, discussion, and meditation, too geeky I guess. :ugeek:

Don't try to take me to a Disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In 10 minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock and roll


In my case, it might be more like 10 seconds I'll be late for the door.
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8107
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby yawares » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:
yawares wrote:They should do Thai dance too..to complete the happy day. When I was with Tep at Engineering Conference in Hua-Hin(Beach Hotel), Thailand , not only great foods/desserts..Thai Classical Dance included...everybody enjoyed the show !
You're DhammaWheel :anjali: ...Why are you not there??
yawares[/color] :thinking:


Hi yawares,

Yes, I'd love to see Thailand one day. So far I have only been to India, Nepal, and the Middle East, in the continent of Asia.

No, I prefer just tea, discussion, and meditation, too geeky I guess. :ugeek:

Don't try to take me to a Disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In 10 minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock and roll

In my case, it might be more like 10 seconds I'll be late for the door.

Dear David,
Thai Classical Dance is NO DISCO...no need for you to be on the dance floor....just watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2x_ANn-p4
yawares :heart: it ...cool!
User avatar
yawares
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Great photo!
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus


Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
User avatar
Ben
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16128
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Land of the sleeping gods

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:45 pm

yawares wrote:Thai Classical Dance is NO DISCO...no need for you to be on the dance floor....just watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2x_ANn-p4
yawares :heart: it ...cool! [/color]


:thumbsup: Watching it, I can handle that.
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8107
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Greetings,

robertk wrote:Yes, it was a meeting of the mods. Two from dhammastudygroup and two from dhammawheel.
And very enjoyable and interesting. I could have stayed all day discussing more and more points of Dhamma .

The International Theravada Moderator Convention.

Awesome.

:clap:

Thanks for the pic share.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)


Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7


Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14672
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Still Searching » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 am

Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
User avatar
Still Searching
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 am

Still Searching wrote:Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:

Try Amaravati Buddhist Monastery just outside Hemel Hempstead.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
User avatar
Cittasanto
 
Posts: 5751
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Ellan Vannin

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Still Searching » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 am

Cittasanto wrote:
Still Searching wrote:Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:

Try Amaravati Buddhist Monastery just outside Hemel Hempstead.


Thank you Cittasanto :smile:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
User avatar
Still Searching
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goofaholix, Mr Man, xinuflux and 4 guests