2013 Wall Calender

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Cittasanto

2013 Wall Calender

Post by Cittasanto »

Spent some time yesterday sorting out a wall calender. so if anyone is interested in a calender here is a link
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ixHY7 ... h2MzA/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. the images in the preview have been "corrupted or something so are not as sharp as the original.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ben

Re: 2013 Wall Calender

Post by Ben »

Nice work, Cittasanto!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Thanks Ben,
It didn't take long.

but if anyone has any dates that should be noted for next year let me know (my b'day is going in so no-one can forget :juggling: )

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Nice work :thumbsup:
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Gentle_heart

Post by Gentle_heart »

This is very nice! Thank you for sharing! :smile:
Sambojjhanga

Post by Sambojjhanga »

This is really nice...and quite useful.

Thank you, Cittasanto.

Metta

:anjali:
Sabba rasam dhammaraso jinati
The flavor of the dhamma exceeds all other flavors
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

beautifully done :)
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Thank-you all,

Sokehi,
not seen you around for a while hope your Well.

John Stuart Mill
mhdshakeel1

Post by mhdshakeel1 »

Beautiful....

Thanks.....
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

if you use google calender you can get mine from here

John Stuart Mill
GraemeR

2013 Wall Calender

Post by GraemeR »

Beautiful, thank you for that :)

Graham
Cittasanto wrote:Spent some time yesterday sorting out a wall calender. so if anyone is interested in a calender here is a link
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ixHY7 ... h2MzA/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. the images in the preview have been "corrupted or something so are not as sharp as the original.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Thanks everyone,
I should mention I am using the forest sangha calander dates.

John Stuart Mill
Doshin

Post by Doshin »

Cittasanto wrote:if you use google calender you can get mine from here
Thanks, will do.

Your calendar brings up another point. How is the date "decided" ? For instance full moon in January 2013 is on 27'th, at 04:38 GMT, but you list 26'th as Uposatha day ?

_/\_
Doshin
Knowing about dhamma, does not imply knowing dhamma
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Doshin wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:if you use google calender you can get mine from here
Thanks, will do.

Your calendar brings up another point. How is the date "decided" ? For instance full moon in January 2013 is on 27'th, at 04:38 GMT, but you list 26'th as Uposatha day ?

_/\_
Doshin
This is being discussed here
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John Stuart Mill