New Year's resolutions

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
mirco

Re: New Year's resolutions

Post by mirco »

alan wrote:Have you made any, in the realm of health? I did so 10 years ago today. Still lifting weights, biking and doing Yoga. My hair is grayer but my body is strong. What have you decided to do today to be more healthful in the future?
Regarding resolutions I never think of time periods longer than one day.
Each day, each moment I can start changing my behaviour.
Thinking of one year, well, why should I spend thoughts on the future if there is so much to explore in this very moment.

Regards :-)
corrine

Re: New Year's resolutions

Post by corrine »

This year I am going to try to go all, or mostly, organic, both because I believe that organics will help me to avoid pesticides in my food, as well as to help support the farmer's who are trying to respect the soil a little more by not dumping chemicals all over it. It is more expensive, so I will have to give up some things in order to afford the change, but I think it will be worth it. Also going to try to walk more, outside. I do a lot of walking inside the library all day but I think it would be better to get outside and breath fresh air. Luckily the air in this area is still pretty clean. I will try to use my time online to better my mind rather than just wasting time. I was referred to a website, http://www.learnfree.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and they appear to offer courses in all sorts of things that might help me to improve my mind.

I am going to try to make 2013 a healthier year and a year in which I do more positive things. As I grow older It is getting more difficult not to just sit down and stay completely immobile. I find the weather more challenging than I used to. Both hot weather and cold weather present challenges. I tend to want to just vegetate and that is not good, so I will make greater efforts to keep moving regardless of the climate issues.

corrine :smile: