Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am
- Location: Thailand
Nice pictures Bhante Appicchato, thanks for sharing.
Four types of letting go:
1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things
- Ajahn Brahm
- Posts: 762
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 4:05 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Thanks bhante... lovely.
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)'We should not congratulate someone on the success of their misdeeds, but on the contrary should endeavour to advise him or her to lead a more skilful and wholesome life. If such advice is ignored then we can only give up and let go' - Phra PanyapatipoDharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum)
- Posts: 13633
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thank you Bhante for sharing those fantastic photos!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14462
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
- Location: Toarra.marra.monah
Return to Shrine Room
Who is online
Registered users: Ben, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Kamran, khlawng, Lazy_eye, Majestic-12 [Bot], mettafuture, mikenz66, rahul3bds, reflection, robertk, stlredbird