Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
- Posts: 1600
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am
- Location: Bridge on the River Kwae
Nice pictures Bhante Appicchato, thanks for sharing.
Four types of letting go:
1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things
- Ajahn Brahm
- Posts: 762
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 4:05 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
Thanks bhante... lovely.
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum)
-- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14679
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thank you Bhante for sharing those fantastic photos!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16156
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
- Location: Land of the sleeping gods
Return to Shrine Room
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests