Rupa

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Ngawang Drolma.

Rupa

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

I am so excited, I wanted to share this. I found an amazing deal on a rupa, so I bought it. It was only $49.00 USD with free shipping! Normally something this size would go for much more. I think there's more in stock if anyone is interested and likes to shop online. I can give more details.

Product specs:
Peaceful and contemplative figure of the Buddha in classic meditation pose. Antique bronze with hand-finished details. Features archetypal markings and appearance as depicted in traditional Buddha art.

* Antique bronze finish.
* Hand-finished details.
* 15 1/2" wide.
* 21" high.
BUDDHASTATUELAMPSPLUS.jpg
BUDDHASTATUELAMPSPLUS.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Rupa

Post by DNS »

:thumbsup:

That is a good price for 21" high. It is a great, beautiful rupa. I wonder if the good price is because it looks like it is offered at Lamps Plus? It could be that they do not know the value of what they could get for it. Shops that specialize in Buddhist rupas seem to charge much more.

I would get one, but my house already looks like a vihara with statues, thangkas, gongs, and cushions all over the place. :tongue:
Ngawang Drolma.

Dear TheDhamma,

I can't understand the price either. But I'm glad for it :clap:
Don't you run a dhamma center out of your home? I would love to do such a thing one day.
Last edited by Ngawang Drolma. on Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

that is cheep and quite a nice one, on your comment to the Dhamma, it would be nice to be able to do that.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Ngawang Drolma wrote: Don't you run a dhamma center out of your home? I would love to do such a thing one day.
Yes, this is true. It is a great way to practice and have community and spread Dhamma all in one.
Ngawang Drolma.

I found out why it was so cheap :cry: It comes in a hundred pieces.
brokenbuddha1.jpg
brokenbuddha1.jpg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
The good news is that they're sending another and all I had to do was send them a pic of the broken one, which saves me a trip to the Fed Ex store.

:buddha1:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:I found out why it was so cheap :cry: It comes in a hundred pieces.
Oh no! Talk about anicca! This is too fast, even for anicca!

Glad that they will send another one! :thumbsup:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

TheDhamma wrote:
Ngawang Drolma wrote:I found out why it was so cheap :cry: It comes in a hundred pieces.
Oh no! Talk about anicca! This is too fast, even for anicca!

Glad that they will send another one! :thumbsup:

Hurray
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ngawang Drolma.

Thanks! :smile:

I made good use of this one though, so it's not going to waste.
I put it outside with the broken part under the dirt.
buddhaoutside.jpg
buddhaoutside.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

1 and a half for the price of 1.

:popcorn:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ngawang Drolma.

I want to share my new shrine with you all :)
For some reason I'm having trouble getting my phone to upload a full-size pic, so I'll try to get a better one tomorrow in the daylight.

Best,
Drolma

shrinepic.jpg
shrinepic.jpg (11.72 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

I think we'll relocate this thread to the Shrine Room now in anticipation of the higher-resolution shot!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ngawang Drolma.

Sounds good! Thanks :)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Drolma
Thanks for sharing the story of the anicca rupa! Its a lovely statue.
As I am sure Retro will confirm, I've become a bit of a passive 'collector' of rupas as a result of very generous friends and family members.
Lovely shrine, Drolma!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Ngawang Drolma.

Ben wrote:Hi Drolma
Thanks for sharing the story of the anicca rupa! Its a lovely statue.
As I am sure Retro will confirm, I've become a bit of a passive 'collector' of rupas as a result of very generous friends and family members.
Lovely shrine, Drolma!
Metta

Ben
Thank you!!! :D