The Most Beautiful Collection Of Buddha Statues!

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
yawares

Re: The Most Beautiful Collection Of Buddha Statues!

Post by yawares »

Dear members,

I love gemstones, I have 22 gem rings(my birthday gifts) of different colors(my most favorites are.. emerald from Colombia/green Tsavorite garnet from Africa) all ladies at temples that I went to..always grabbed my hands to admire my rings...and now I love gemstone Buddha statues..I'll try to find beautiful ones to post @ Dhamma Wheel/Dharma Wheel/SD/JTN/Facebook.

Carved Nephrite Buddha

Nephrite is a variety of the calcium and magnesium-rich amphibole mineral actinolite. It is one of two different mineral species called jade. The other mineral species known as jade is jadeite, which is a variety of pyroxene. While nephrite jade possess mainly grays and greens (and occasionally yellows, browns or whites), jadeite jade, which is rarer, can also contain blacks, reds, pinks and violets. Nephrite jade is an ornamental stone, used in carvings, beads, or cabochon cut gemstones.

Nephrite can be found in a translucent white to very light yellow, brown,grey. Canada is the principal source of modern lapidary nephrite. Nephrite jade was used mostly in pre-1800 China as well as in New Zealand, the Pacific Coast and Atlantic Coasts of North America, Neolithic Europe, and southeast Asia.

Carved Soapstone Buddha( abundance of soapstone mines in Brazil)Image

Carved Lava Buddha
********** :anjali:
yawares/tidathep :heart:
yawares

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

Chinese carved Rahula..so cute!

Carved black Onyx(gemstone)

Red Buddha (Lucky Buddha)

:heart: yawares/tidathep :heart:
yawares

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

I love love these Baby-Buddha statues :heart:

yawares/tidathep :heart: