Board doesn't display correctly in Safari

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Kim OHara

Board doesn't display correctly in Safari

Post by Kim OHara »

I have been seeing a technical problem here for a week or two: elements of the page overlap vertically, giving me (e.g.) half-obscured thread titles.
I have just hoped it would go away but that hasn't happened. Examples are on my Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/50030099@N04/8422521476/ and adjacent, since that's the only way I can show them to you - one of the overlaps obscures the "attach" dialogue. :tongue:

I use Safari on a Mac - both reasonably new versions.

:namaste:
Kim
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Board doesn't display correctly in Safari

Post by DNS »

After the upgrade to a newer version of the phpbb board, there have been and still are a few glitches. We are working on eliminating the glitches.
:coffee:
:jedi:
:guns:
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

I have seen rendering problems like that on various browsers. Sometimes playing with the font size settings can help, try setting it smaller to see if you can get it to display correctly and then back up to the way you like it. Also if safari has a zoom setting, try playing with that. If you have already tried the above, nevermind :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Thanks, folks.
I can (obviously) live with it but it's a problem you might not have been aware of.

:namaste:
Kim
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Chrome...or Iron... :coffee:
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Seems okay in Opera and Firefox on Mac, but I didn't try all features ...
:reading:
Kim
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

In slackware 14 current on chrome 21.0 I have no problem.
EDIT: It seems that im actually using chromium which i gather is different, tho i have no idea how :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

I just discovered i can get the same effect by setting the page zoom to 125% or higher in chromium.
waterchan

Post by waterchan »

I have the same problem in both Safari and Chrome with the latest versions, on default settings.

Also happens in the Safari browser on the iPhone 5
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
manas

Post by manas »

Hi all, I was recently given a Mac for free, so I couldn't really pass up the opportunity. Although I am grateful to the donor, I must concur that Safari can be infuriating (in fact the whole Mac system is irritating, although I'm slowly getting used to it). For example, I just can't find the 'user control panel' of DW anywhere...does anyone know how to make it visible in Safari??

:computerproblem:

:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

manas wrote:Hi all, I was recently given a Mac for free, so I couldn't really pass up the opportunity. Although I am grateful to the donor, I must concur that Safari can be infuriating (in fact the whole Mac system is irritating, although I'm slowly getting used to it). For example, I just can't find the 'user control panel' of DW anywhere...does anyone know how to make it visible in Safari??

:computerproblem:

:anjali:
No problem with that here ... although the other problems are still as bad as ever.
Manas, don't blame the Mac for the BB's faults. That said, you might be happier with Firefox or Opera (both free) if you've used them on those :computerproblem: Windows machines ... yeah, I've used both enough to know my way around them but I only use Windows under duress. Get used to the Mac and you may come to feel the same way.

:coffee:
Kim
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-02-23 at 2.02.49 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-02-23 at 2.02.49 PM.png (56.72 KiB) Viewed 5201 times
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I thought I'd share those things appear on chrome for the Nexus 7. It isn't quite right but I can live with it :)

Edit: the attachment box is cut off a bit, and the logo isn't perfect, but besides that everything works.
Attachments
Another view of things on a Nexus 7
Another view of things on a Nexus 7
Screenshot_2013-02-23-10-05-13.png (128.12 KiB) Viewed 5188 times
How things look using chrome on a Nexus 7
How things look using chrome on a Nexus 7
Screenshot_2013-02-23-10-04-41.png (148.35 KiB) Viewed 5188 times
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

I've just switched to google chrome and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using windows though.

Coyote
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26