The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Assaji

Re: The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food

Post by Assaji »

Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Mr Man wrote:Because we are not independant or separate. We are a part of society.
Agreed. But I'm not sure how your statement ties in to our discussion of the need for understanding how food is manipulated.
Could you explain further?
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Justsit wrote:
Mr Man wrote:Because we are not independant or separate. We are a part of society.
Agreed. But I'm not sure how your statement ties in to our discussion of the need for understanding how food is manipulated.
Could you explain further?
I think I'm going to leave it. :anjali:
beeblebrox

Post by beeblebrox »

Justsit wrote:
What about sharing that kind of understanding with others (the ones who are not already in the choir)... or try to encourage others to have that understanding... or to frame the understanding in such a way which will make the manufacturers willing to develop foods that are healthy, but still appealing for their customers? All of these are beneficial actions.

They're better than just saying: "Many people don't care about this anyway... this has been my observation. I'm happy that this is not a problem for me, because I already did a lot of research and already know what is healthy for myself. Caveat Emptor."

If everyone had that kind of perspective, then the people who have no understanding will surely drag us down with them... as our options for the healthy food run out, for example. (Who would want to buy these seeds anyway... no one cares enough to grow their own garden, anymore. Let's stop manufacturing them!)

That is how the samsara works... kamma is everything. No one is an island.

:soap:

:anjali:
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

beeblebrox wrote:
Justsit wrote:
What about sharing that kind of understanding with others (the ones who are not already in the choir)... or try to encourage others to have that understanding... or to frame the understanding in such a way which will make the manufacturers willing to develop foods that are healthy, but still appealing for their customers? All of these are beneficial actions.

They're better than just saying: "Many people don't care about this anyway... this has been my observation. I'm happy that this is not a problem for me, because I already did a lot of research and already know what is healthy for myself. Caveat Emptor."

If everyone had that kind of perspective, then the people who have no understanding will surely drag us down with them... as our options for the healthy food run out, for example. (Who would want to buy these seeds anyway... no one cares enough to grow their own garden, anymore. Let's stop manufacturing them!)

That is how the samsara works... kamma is everything. No one is an island.

:soap:

I'm a nurse - sharing this information is what I do!

This is not a quote - I never said this, nor did I imply it: I'm happy that this is not a problem for me, because I already did a lot of research and already know what is healthy for myself.

Think I'm done here too.
beeblebrox

Post by beeblebrox »

Mr Man wrote: I think I'm going to leave it.
Justsit wrote: Think I'm done here too.
It seems like some people in here are just talking past each other... myself included. (I apologize for that.)

There doesn't seem to be any real effort in trying to listen, or to understand where the other person is trying to coming from. We seem to be only concerned in trying to push our own viewpoint, and then we drop out when it seems to fail.

There is no collaboration in trying to do anything better. I think that maybe this is the real tragedy.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Hi beeblebrox
Who knows maybe justsit took something from my posts and maybe I took something justsits post and maybe we both took somthing from your posts?

I dropped out because I thought I was struggling to communicate and stated it formally so as to be polite (my intention).

Appoligies for the digression and good will to all.
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Mr Man wrote:Hi beeblebrox
Who knows maybe justsit took something from my posts and maybe I took something justsits post and maybe we both took somthing from your posts?

I dropped out because I thought I was struggling to communicate and stated it formally so as to be polite (my intention).

Appoligies for the digression and good will to all.
Ditto.