greetings from San Francisco

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
garygach

greetings from San Francisco

Postby garygach » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:57 am

I salute the noble web hosts and guests

My root lineage is in the tradition of Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh.

I am currently studying with Dairyu Michael Wenger, of San Francisco Zen Center.

The mindfulness sangha I host is at America's first interracial, interfaith congregation, the Church for the Fellowship of All Peoples (established by Rev Howard Thurman)

I am slowly posting some of my books and articles online at my home page

Metta

Gary Gach
My home page

Palms Joined
_/|\_

Paul Davy
Site Admin

Re: greetings from San Francisco

Postby Paul Davy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 am

Greetings Gary,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

Don't forget to check out our Mahayana/Vajrayana sister site...

Dharma Wheel
http://www.dharmawheel.net/

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"Whether I were to preach in brief, Sāriputta, or whether I were to preach in detail, Sāriputta, or whether I were to preach both in brief or in detail, Sāriputta, rare are those who understand." (A I 333, Sāriputtasutta)

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Thanks for joining.

For anyone who may not recognize the name at first glance, Gary is the famous author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buddhism [third edition] (Alpha Books, New York). And of course many other books and poetry books, but the Idiot's guide might be the most known.

:buddha2:

Paul Davy
Site Admin

Postby Paul Davy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 am

:D

Authors all over the place!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"Whether I were to preach in brief, Sāriputta, or whether I were to preach in detail, Sāriputta, or whether I were to preach both in brief or in detail, Sāriputta, rare are those who understand." (A I 333, Sāriputtasutta)

Prasadachitta

Postby Prasadachitta » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 am

Hello Gary,

I am also in San Francisco. I practice with the FWBO at the San Francisco Buddhist Center. When I abruptly declared myself to be a Buddhist my wife purchased the Idiots Guide to Buddhism an found it helpful. I occasionally attend the San Francisco Zen Center events. Sometimes I go to a few of the Thai and Cambodian Wats in our area as well.

Gabe
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332

Return to “Introductions”