Two fascinating movies about Quantum Physics

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
iforgotmyname

Re: Two fascinating movies about Quantum Physics

Post by iforgotmyname »

Guys, let me leave this here, I think you will like it:
http://htwins.net/scale2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neither like nor dislike this stuff over the top. For me, this kind of adds weight to certain beliefs I have to make them more true than others. :popcorn:
manas

Post by manas »

Hi all,

thanks for your interest and comments. I'm having this topic locked, I just wanted to say that I wish to open a new topic, but this time I won't post anything until I have fully investigated where it is leading towards. I am still very interested in quantum physics, and will happily listen to what physicists have to say, but when the narrator (who is not a scientist) carted out that 'channel' in the third show, and started off on a kind of post new age, quasi theistic deterministic fatalism, I thought...yuk.

The Buddha is for human effort, human potential and human development. But this guy (the narrator, not the physicists) suggests we don't need to strive or make an effort to attain a higher state or knowledge. He says that things are just fine as they are, there is nothing to achieve...just live, enjoy, have sex, and die, and then...what? I don't want to even provide a link to an interesting video, if the narrator is only building a level of trust and interest in the viewers, so that he can later on start converting them to his theistic deterministic nonsense. nuff said!

ok my next 'quantum topic' will be clean and better than this one

metta :anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

manas wrote:[EDIT: Parts 1 and 2 are, imo, excellent and well researched. But in part three, the narrator departs from relating what is mostly the views of reputable physicists and neuroscientists, and goes off on his own tangent, trying to posit, afaics, a kind of Determinism. So, now that I have watched part 3, I am not quite so enthused about the movies as a whole, because I sense a disturbing agenda unfolding in the third. I don't recommend Part 3 on.]
At the request of the OP, this thread is now closed.