mundane teaching fo the Buddha

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
Gena1480

mundane teaching fo the Buddha

Post by Gena1480 »

can some one help me find a book
on mundane teaching of the Buddha.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: mundane teaching of the Buddha

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You may need to clarify your question. The Buddha's teaching is for the purpose of transcending worldly things so it is supramundane.

Do you mean elementary or basic teachings, or do you really mean teachings about worldly matters (mundane teachings)?

If you mean the former, then see the sticky thread in this forum — Introductory Resources
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Polar Bear

Re: mundane teaching fo the Buddha

Post by Polar Bear »

I don't know about a book on mundane buddhist teachings but there is a great thread on here about suttas for the householder which definitely has some stuff that could be considered mundane such as how to spend money wisely.

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
Gena1480

Post by Gena1480 »

Venerable Bhikkhu Pesala
i mean mundane views
like there is mother and father and there spontaneously born beings, there is action and result of action.
before you enter the noble 8 fold path.
there is two types of right view is that right?
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Mundane right view is explained here: The Four Types of Buddhists.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Gena1480

Post by Gena1480 »

Thank you
Venerable Bhikkhu Pesala
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Perhaps this may help you as well.

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 14&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Gena1480

Post by Gena1480 »

Venerable Bhikkhu Pesala

what does understanding

seven aspects of the five aggregates mean?