Nirvana...

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
fijiNut

Re: Nirvana...

Post by fijiNut »

Chris wrote:Hello Retro, all,

I was driving home from a day of sutta study and meditation last night and turned the radio on just in time to hear the first note of Hallelujah, by Jeff Buckley.

Had prickly shivers all over and tears in my eyes. Now ... why do I rarely get that from meditation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metta
Chris
Chris & All,
Perhaps, maybe the only "Hallelujahs!" we've only known is the 'cold, and broken' kind, lonely, desperate, sorrowful and full of misery of Dukkha, and not that of rapture, joy and bliss.
Hopefully the former will be sufficient motivation for us to cultivate the latter.

May Jeff be in a safe place, he and his father (Tim Buckley) are very tortured souls, as both of them died very young, I guess that is why their music make us feel.

with metta
fijiNut

Post by fijiNut »

Ben wrote:Hi Chris

What's that old saying? Great minds think alike? (Don't choke!)
Or perhaps Fools never differ (Don't choke me!)
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello fijinut,
fijinut said: Or perhaps Fools never differ (Don't choke me!)
Nice to see you! Fortunately - being about equal distance from both Ben and I, you are safe. :tongue:

Time for a Dhamma-break?
Fools
http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Suttas/Dha ... -bala.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Bhante Dhammasiha asked to pass on his best wishes. :group:

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Post by cooran »

fijiNut wrote:
Chris wrote:Hello Retro, all,

I was driving home from a day of sutta study and meditation last night and turned the radio on just in time to hear the first note of Hallelujah, by Jeff Buckley.

Had prickly shivers all over and tears in my eyes. Now ... why do I rarely get that from meditation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metta
Chris
Chris & All,
Perhaps, maybe the only "Hallelujahs!" we've only known is the 'cold, and broken' kind, lonely, desperate, sorrowful and full of misery of Dukkha, and not that of rapture, joy and bliss.
Hopefully the former will be sufficient motivation for us to cultivate the latter.

May Jeff be in a safe place, he and his father (Tim Buckley) are very tortured souls, as both of them died very young, I guess that is why their music make us feel.

with metta
Yes, I totally agree with your whole post.

metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Individual,
Individual wrote:Of the top 10 list, the only song that belongs on there is Stairway to Heaven. Most of the rest are good, but not good enough to be where they are.
A thoroughly blasphemous thing to say when Joy Division are at #4!

Metta,
Retro. :)
with easily the best song in the top 10 at that!
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
fijiNut

Post by fijiNut »

Chris wrote:Hello fijinut,
fijinut said: Or perhaps Fools never differ (Don't choke me!)
Nice to see you! Fortunately - being about equal distance from both Ben and I, you are safe. :tongue:

Time for a Dhamma-break?
Fools
http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Suttas/Dha ... -bala.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Bhante Dhammasiha asked to pass on his best wishes. :group:

metta
Chris
I'm glad you and other Dhamma friends are well in Brisbane, I'm glad Dhamma friends here on Dhammawheel are well too, especially with some new meditators/members and an auspicious marriage announcement.