What are you reading right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
convivium

What are you reading right now?

Post by convivium »

:?:
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
befriend

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by befriend »

True Love, by Thich Nhat Hanh which has good practices to take metta into daily life.

also, Loving Kindness the revolutionary art of happiness by Sharon Salzberg. its great for learning how each of the brahma viharas support eachother.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Annie Dillard's Pilgrim at Tinker Creek.
convivium

Post by convivium »

theravada practitioners don't read much do we? i read a lot of analytic and continental philosophy for school, and buddhist stuff. the last novelist i was into was coetzee (particularly disgrace).
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

I love trash.

But I am also reading the last three chapters of this for a course I'm doing. Old skool.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11