What music are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Modus.Ponens

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Hey convivium

Steve Reich is awsome!

If you don't know it yet, you should listen to Terry Riley's "In C" (the 25th anniversary version is far superior to all others I've heard to this day).

PS: I didn't read your paradox explanations because I didn't have time, but thank you for that :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Ok so had a shave, cut my ear posted on facebook about it and received this wonderful song which made me regret loosing the facial hair! Then realized it was Uposatha :(

so no observance this week :thinking:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
convivium

Post by convivium »

:pig: :pig:
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
convivium

Post by convivium »

:goodpost:
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

convivium wrote::goodpost:
Well at least now I know there's one doom/drone fan on this board :D
Iti 26
convivium

Post by convivium »

yeah how much of that sort of music do you know? i can post things you might not know and you can post things i might not know, if you want. :guns:
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

If you're a drone fan, you'll love this. It has nothing to do with heavy metal. It's an almost religious experience.

'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
convivium

Post by convivium »

yeah i know him from the early gurus of electronic music cd (OM)
that track reminds me of this album
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

convivium wrote:yeah how much of that sort of music do you know? i can post things you might not know and you can post things i might not know, if you want. :guns:
Not a lot TBH. I was always more into the gothic metal side of things, though doom influenced. Stuff like my dying bride, katatonia, anathema ect. I like a lot of the more experimental black metal too. Though there's a lot I haven't listened to in years.

I have to go to bed now it's fairly late but I'll look over what you posted in tomorrow and post some stuff of my own
Iti 26
convivium

Post by convivium »

this band was good but no one noticed them or notices them
plwk

Post by plwk »

plwk

Post by plwk »

PadmaPhala

Post by PadmaPhala »

The Wind (by) Mattriks & The Book Of Kin