Magick and Buddhism

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
danieLion

Re: Magick and Buddhism

Post by danieLion »

convivium wrote:his name is the great beast 666. :twisted:
You forgot to capitalize. It's The Great Beast 666. He went by many names. Does this one have a particular importance for you or did you just want to state the obvious?
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

polarbuddha101 wrote:So drinking water is magick if I will to drink water. I guess we're all magicians.
Yes.
polarbuddha101 wrote:But I now find this all very mundane.
Finally. Keep it simple, make the proper distinctions, and support your statements with evidence and verifiable citations--otherwise you'll get caught up in gossip, hearsay, slander, rumors, libel and dogmatism.
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

danieLion wrote:Said the Parrot on manas shoulder.
Daniel, you stopped making meaningful arguments or constructive contributions to this thread (and honestly, to a lot of Dhammawheel in general) a while ago, and have descended into a lot of petty sniping. Perhaps one would make a far better argument for the efficacy of magick thought by acting in ways that reflect spiritual development instead of arrogance and snide dismissal.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Kenshou wrote:
danieLion wrote:I'm not a Crowley apologist.
Sure fooled me.
I'm not resposible for your foolishness.
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

LonesomeYogurt wrote:
danieLion wrote:Said the Parrot on manas shoulder.
Daniel, you stopped making meaningful arguments or constructive contributions to this thread (and honestly, to a lot of Dhammawheel in general) a while ago, and have descended into a lot of petty sniping. Perhaps one would make a far better argument for the efficacy of magick thought by acting in ways that reflect spiritual development instead of arrogance and snide dismissal.
That's not a new trick. That's the same ol' LY acting like he's superior to anyone he misinterprets. SInce you seem to know so much more about Buddhadhamma and how Buddhists should act than me or those who'd prefer to develop spiritually via magick, would you have us follow you around on your high-horse shoveling it's pretentious pucks?

Have you read Perdurabo?

And I thought puritanism was only for Christians. Pardon me your Holier-Than-Thouness.

Have you read Perdurabo?

You seem to have a fetish for seeing your trifling, opinions in type.

Have you read Perdurabo?

"Honestly"? So now you're being honest? Does that mean you were dishonest before?

Have you read Perdurabo?

If I were dismissing you, you'd be completely ignored; and what you call "snideness" and "arrogance" I call flicking at flies.

Have you read Perdurabo?