What music are you listening to right now?

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Postby convivium » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
convivium

Postby Coyote » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Swear I saw some Arvo Part on this thread, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway:

and one more just because it's my favorite:

"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
Coyote

Postby convivium » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 am

yeah i deleted it because i just posted something ~catholic/christian the post before (eric whitacre).
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
convivium

Postby convivium » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 am

convivium

Postby plwk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am

Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Postby BlackBird » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:25 am

"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta
BlackBird

Postby plwk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 am

plwk

Postby plwk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 am

plwk

Postby imagemarie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:56 pm

And still it snows

imagemarie

Postby convivium » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm

:meditate: :alien:
convivium

Postby danieLion » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Them song to NCAA basketball tournament in my environment and in my head.
danieLion

Postby convivium » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

convivium

Postby SDC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 am

Theme of the week...

SDC

Postby convivium » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 am

build your theme
convivium

Postby SDC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:06 am

Nice!

There is something so awesomely creepy about the sound that some bands had from the early to mid 80's prior to the rise of death metal, especially when some dashes of punk got involved. Sign of the things that would come years later with the whole deathcore scene.

EDIT - My post count is so metal right now.
SDC

Postby convivium » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:18 am

convivium

Postby convivium » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 am

convivium

Postby Ayu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Naruto - Sadness and Sorrow on Violin - Taylor Davis:

Ayu

Postby Modus.Ponens » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 am

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks for that. Reminds me when Naruto and Sasuke were kids. The following is my favorite. Although I love Orochimaru's theme.

And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby convivium » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:58 am

convivium

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge