YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

A friend in the dhamma - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

A friend in the dhamma

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: A friend in the dhamma

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:49 pm

tidathep

Postby tidathep » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 pm

nem

Postby nem » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:53 am

Thanks for the replies.

David hit it spot-on, probably many of us are looking for mates that are a little less materialistic. I was married for a decade to someone less materialistic than those I am seeing now. But unfortunately she had anger and jealousy issues.. so, it's one thing or another..

Pilgrim. Thanks for the site link!

Yawares,

I was surprised to hear of Thailand, a Buddhist country...the women still are talking about shoes and clothes all the time?. I'm not even sure if the Buddha had shoes, and thought people there would have been raised to not value those sort of simple things. I've been thinking of coming there to stay for a while and learn about Thai Bhuddism. My background is Sri Lankan Ramanna tradition, so I'm interested in a different perspective from up there. If you have teacher suggestions, please PM me.

yawares

Postby yawares » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:41 pm

yawares

Postby yawares » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 am

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”