Drink urine

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
barcsimalsi

Drink urine

Post by barcsimalsi »

In case his impression looks too spontaneous to be true, watch this one.

After watching, i tried my own urine(but not with the ice). It smells like total dukkha but the taste isn't so bad, slightly soupy and salty just like mixing salt with cheap beer plus drain water. I didn't have the fortitude to even finish the whole cup of fresh pee so i doubt i can ever drink the fermented one which is highly recommended.
Mahadhammasamadana sutta wrote:Bhikkhus, a man would come along suffering from jaundice and he is told: Friend, there is a drink made out of putrid urine, with various kinds of medicines put in it. If you desire drink. When drinking it would not be agreeable to sight, smell or taste but drinking it you will get over your illness. He reflects about it and drinks it. It would not be agreeable to sight, smell or taste, yet he would get over that illness. I say this observance of the Teaching is comparable to this, as it is now unpleasant and brings pleasant results in the future.
Anyone drinks pee? fresh or putrid? mix or pure? works on your health?
Ben

Re: Drink urine

Post by Ben »

You have got to be joking!
I think I'll stick to professionally formulated pharmaceuticals.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

You drank your own piss? You've got to be kidding me...

There's nothing good in urine! It's what your body can't use - There's nothing in it worth keeping. The only time I would ever drink my own piss is if I were dying of thirst in the desert.

I'll say it again - There is nothing to be gained from drinking your own piss. To say nothing of drinking fermented piss, or having a urine enema (wtf). Some twisted pervert's probably laughing his butt off at how many people he's managed to convince to drink their own piss in the name of alternative medicine.

There's a lot of quack pseudo science out there, but this takes the cake. What's next I wonder - Eating your own poop?
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
cooran

Post by cooran »

This might be of interest :)
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psycholog ... herapy.htm

With metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ben

Post by Ben »

cooran wrote:This might be of interest :)

With metta
Chris
Chris,
Are you serious?
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

cooran

Post by cooran »

Ben wrote:
cooran wrote:This might be of interest :)

With metta
Chris
Chris,
Are you serious?
Hi Ben,

It is a study done at a fairly well thought of American University - as opposed to popular press articles:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... l-rankings

Haven't ever tried it myself - and, quite frankly, can't see me doing it in the future. :)

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cherrytigerbarb

Post by cherrytigerbarb »

I've read that Indian Fakirs drink their morning pee on the basis that during the night, melanin is released into the urine, so the first pee of the day has the highest concentration. This apparently aids with meditation.
"The foolish reject what they see, not what they think. The wise reject what they think, not what they see." - Huang Po.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I wonder what the commentaries say?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Metta,
What would be said would likely be a comment on what is in the Vinaya. No drinking of one's own piddle mentioned in the Vinaya, but cow urine, which is mention favorably in the Vinaya, has been and still is considered medicinal in India. Eeew.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
manas

Post by manas »

I've also read about it. I also have no interest in trying it out - if I were really sick I would try other natural means of cure, there are many, including herbs, juices, and the like; but anyway, despite the initial sense of revulsion, we might want to consider some of the other things we put in to our mouths, masticate and swallow. Meat and dairy have things in them as a matter of course, that would horrify most folks, but most people either don't know, don't care, or just put up a wall of denial so they can go on consuming them. So when compared with blood and pus, which are both found in meat (and amounts of pus in milk), a bit of one's own urine maybe need not evoke such disgust.

:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

tiltbillings wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Metta,
What would be said would likely be a comment on what is in the Vinaya. No drinking of one's own piddle mentioned in the Vinaya, but cow urine, which is mention favorably in the Vinaya, has been and still is considered medicinal in India. Eeew.
I suppose an interesting reflection is that we widely consume the milk of the breasts of another species, but interesting (ignoring for this example the practical impossibility of commercial human milking) we don't drink human milk. Male partners might have a curiosity to see what their wives breast milk tastes like, but that would be considered by many to be a kink or at least something to be kept private. You would expect we would be more comfortable drinking the milk of our own species than a cow. And if an Alien species ever comes across us, I imagine they will find this quite a curiosity.

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

It might make you live longer, or it might just make it seem that way...
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

You would expect we would be more comfortable drinking the milk of our own species than a cow.
There is a reason why the cow is so highly revered in India -- Mother Cow.

Caveat lector. Don't read the following if you are easily offended by silly bodily function humor.

BlackBird wrote:Male partners might have a curiosity to see what their wives breast milk tastes like, but that would be considered by many to be a kink or at least something to be kept private.
It would not be something I'd talk about, but I did work with a woman who would chase her husband around their house squirting him with her breast milk. That imagery there is hilarious.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Hahaha brilliant.