What if one day, the scientist manage to transplant whole body parts of a person to anther person(s)’s body? Will the person, whose all body parts are removed, still be alive (conscious)? According to Buddhism, when the person is considered dead? Is it possible to share one body by two people (not siamese twins)?
I raised this question based on my present understanding of the following.
- Consciousness is arising with the body. So if the body is not fully disintegrated the consciousness still will be there.
- Seat of consciousness is in every part of the body
- Death according to Buddhism means the biological death
- Body parts are removed after the clinical death but before biological death
- There is no person but the consciousness keep on flowing. The body is conscious but it is not my consciousness.