[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Dhamma Wheel • View topic - Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hi everyone

Postby Mindstar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 am

Hello

I have registered because i enjoy hanging out here.
Basically i'm living in a buddhist desert (no monastery around) and the Internet is my only access.
I really enjoy listening to humerous monks like Ajahn Sumedho and Ajahn Brahm so in that sense i`m probably a follower of Ajahn Brahms "Hahayana".
I´ve discovered buddhism five years ago when Dhammalokas Youtube Channel opened and since then i`ve downloaded a lot of talks (8 GB MP3 Player and 16 GB Car Radio).
Most of them are Ajahn Brahms, his Sutta Study talks are in a class of its own :thumbsup:
To improve my practise i´m going to attend a retreat this year at Amaravati.

That beeing said... i'm looking forward to have lots of interesting discussions. :toast: (but i really wonder why there is a beer smiley haha)

With Metta
Chris
Wherever he goes, there he is unafraid.. Wherever he sleeps, there he is unalarmed!
The nights and days does neither touch nor burn him. He sees nothing in this world
that is to be kept or lost.. Therefore his mind dwells in goodwill and gentle kindness
towards all beings until he falls asleep.
SN I 110
Mindstar

Re: Hi everyone

Postby reflection » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:11 am

It's not beer, it's orange juice that's past the date.

Welcome! :anjali:
reflection

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Welcome!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
Kiva-Theravada Buddhists:http://www.kiva.org/team/theravada_buddhists
Dana on the Interwebs:
http://greatergood.com
http://freerice.com
Khalil Bodhi

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:popcorn:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome Mindstar! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Greetings Chris,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby SarathW » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm

:hello: Welcome
SarathW

Return to Introductions