PM stuck in outbox

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
m0rl0ck

PM stuck in outbox

Post by m0rl0ck »

I sent a pm in answer to one that manas sent me and this was last week i believe. I have been logged in and out since then and i see he is logged in today and the message is still in my outbox.
In fact, after i drafted and sent a reply i actually got second copy of his message delivered to my inbox and my reply is still sitting in my outbox. Are PM's working the way they are supposed to?

EDIT: OK its gone :)
If one of you all did something thank you and if not, excuse my impatience.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
DNS
Site Admin

Re: PM stuck in outbox

Post by DNS »

I believe it is still working okay. Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads it. It doesn't matter if the person is logged-in or not, what matters is if the person has read it. Then it goes to the sent box.
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

David N. Snyder wrote:I believe it is still working okay. Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads it. It doesn't matter if the person is logged-in or not, what matters is if the person has read it. Then it goes to the sent box.
Ah, ty for the explanation. I guess ill have to start writing more scintillating messages :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

m0rl0ck wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:I believe it is still working okay. Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads it. It doesn't matter if the person is logged-in or not, what matters is if the person has read it. Then it goes to the sent box.
Ah, ty for the explanation. I guess ill have to start writing more scintillating messages :)
Or encouraging recipients to look at the

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts FAQMembersLogout [ Kim O'Hara ]

line at the top of the page ... which I don't always do myself :embarassed:

:namaste:
Kim
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Or encourage them to tick the:
Pop up window on new private message:
box in User Control Panel -> Board Preferences

:anjali:
Mike
Kim OHara