labeling synchronization with action

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
purple planet

labeling synchronization with action

Post by purple planet »

My problem is this : i label in hebrew and the words used end with an "ah" insted of "ing" - so it makes it hard to synchronize the labeling to the action - cause the problem is : the action is over and the ah sound is coming a bit after the lowering of the feet - and im not sure but i think that using ing might solve this problem cause ing i think is more decisive sound which can end exactly in the end of the action
James the Giant

Re: labeling synchronization with action

Post by James the Giant »

It doesn't matter.
It doesn't matter if the word goes longer or shorter than the action. It's just a label to help you be aware of it.
For example, I hear a single drop of water from a leaky tap. Plop! And I label "Hearing".
Not only is "Hearing" shorter than the microsecond-duration Plop, the label is also applied a second or two after the event.
It's not a magical spell that won't work if you don't do it exactly, it's a tool to help you pay attention to what's going on.
Don't worry about it.
It doesn't matter.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

But there is a lot of emphasis on the NOW to be aware of what is happening right now if you label is longer you label something of the past
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

purple planet wrote:But there is a lot of emphasis on the NOW to be aware of what is happening right now if you label is longer you label something of the past
Yes, but you don't need to take it to the extreme of synchronising the end of the label "ah" or "ing" exactly at the end of the action.
And ideally, after a bit of time you'll drop the labelling entirely and just be aware. Events and experiences will come too fast to think of a label, and you'll have to just be aware.

It's easy to get hung up and stuck on points of technique, but just keep it simple, keep it relaxed. Don't over-think the operation.
It's good enough, good enough.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11