Greetings!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Zenainder

Greetings!

Post by Zenainder »

Hello,

Zenainder, or "Zen", here and it is a pleasure to have stumbled upon this beacon of community and dhamma light. I wrote a short profile for everyone. You will be seeing more of me as time goes on.

Name: Scott or "Zen"
Sex: Male

Past: In brief, I was raised into Christianity. Within the last couple of years my path evolved, as my tendancy of free thought resulted in, I realized that the "heretical" beliefs I held were similar to that of the dhamma. It was a quote from the Buddha that inspired a study into Buddhism (something I never completed until then), which further confirmed that I was unknowingly teaching and living the dhamma. Obviously, what I lived and taught then were rudimentary in comparison, but they nonetheless had the same meaning. Ironically, a spiritual name I chose in Christianity "Zenaide", in which "Zenainder" is my own rendition of it; I was often referred to as "Zen" for short. Both for its original meaing of "of God" and I have been told the atmosphere I supposedly create for others is peaceful. I find it ironically fitting still as I've waundered into Buddhism more formally.

Current:I do not prescribe to a particular school of Buddhism, although I am studying Theravada closely due to its heritage and "orthodoxy", if you will. I do not practice under a teacher or at a temple, as empiricism has not allowed me to fully assimilate under any organized religion as of right now; not that I am criticizing it either. There is a Theravada nearby that I hope to find myself involved in. I have had unfavorable experiences with Christianity and will ease myself into an organized sect of Buddhism as I do recognize the skillfullness of learning under a teacher. You will see questions related to the necessities of chants, among other traditions in the practice I seek to understand in other parts of the forum.

I have a love for learning doctrine and used to be quite the symbol in my Christian life, I still have friends that refer to me regarding its doctrines. I also used to engage excessively in online debates. Although I do not mind healthy conversationsof two different ideas, I find it meaningless to debate rather the wind is moving or if the the flag is moving (if you catch my reference). In the end, I realized I will not conquer someone else's mind and I am fine with that.

Other: I am an engineer and absolutely love solving problems. Happily married and am approaching our one year in July, my wife lovingly supports and participates in the practice. I tend to be a bit of a nerd as I do enjoy the technical and video games :jedi: Otherwise, I am mechanical and it isn't rare to find me with something strategically disassembled seeking to understand how it works beyond what the books tells me. I will likely find myself later in this life as a entrepeneur.

That is about it for now. Eager to engage with you all!
tiltbillings

Re: Greetings!

Post by tiltbillings »

Welcome.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Thanks for the bio info / intro.

:meditate:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome to DhammaWheel! :group:

Look forward to reading more from you.

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---