The spoiled Under-30 crowd (one of those joke e-mails...)

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
nathan

Re: The spoiled Under-30 crowd (one of those joke e-mails...)

Post by nathan »

Oh yeah, and on the Jesus thing. I know I'm not jesus and I know the difference between talking or thinking to myself and talking or thinking to someone else. Jesus and I do talk and we are not the same person.
:anjali:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

nathan wrote: Jesus and I do talk and we are not the same person.
How is he these days? What does have to say about the things being done in his name? How does he look at your Buddhist thing? How does he say his dad is doing?
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
nathan

Post by nathan »

tiltbillings wrote:
nathan wrote: Jesus and I do talk and we are not the same person.
How is he these days? What does have to say about the things being done in his name? How does he look at your Buddhist thing? How does he say his dad is doing?
He doesn't mince words, he's a busy guy. Ask him yourself if you want to know. I talk to him about me, well, and us. I'm sure Dad is still on top of things. Still a bit judgmental for my tastes, but someone has to keep order. Well how would you feel about all this stuff if it was done in your name? I suppose he would have 'mixed feelings about it'. I'm sure he's fine. He's been pretty high since we lifted him up there. My relationship with him is pretty old. You may have to start from scratch, so be patient. Like I said, he's a busy guy. But he will get back to you.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

nathan wrote: But he will get back to you.

Been there, done that.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
nathan

Post by nathan »

tiltbillings wrote:
nathan wrote: But he will get back to you.

Been there, done that.
I very much doubt we are on the same 'wavelength' about this subject. Glad to hear if you've gotten free of your 'obligations'. Seems I'm in pretty deep.

all the best Tilt
take care