What *NOT* to do as an Online Buddhist

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

Re: What *NOT* to do as an Online Buddhist

Post by tiltbillings »

Spiny Norman wrote:
Yes, but what about all the germs? :? :jumping:
If you kiss on them on the mouth while talking you'll likely get a vocal infection, so some restraint is required, but there is something to be said for being in the presence of real live human beings.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
plwk

Post by plwk »

#18 Disconnect from the Internet and drive to the nearest Dhamma/ Dharma center for some lovely discussion over tea.
Half a dozen cats MM, that's all I am asking and will willingly disconnect and drive over... humans? In the words of the Baroness.. No No NO :D
plwk

Post by plwk »

...but there is something to be said for being in the presence of real live human beings.
Bad breath and insect repellent perfume?
Monkey Mind

Post by Monkey Mind »

plwk wrote: Half a dozen cats MM, that's all I am asking and will willingly disconnect and drive over... humans? In the words of the Baroness.. No No NO :D
I had no idea you were an anthropophobe. Me too. There is a reason why silent retreats are my favorite mode of Dhamma group...
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Ben wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
Yes, but what about all the germs? :? :jumping:
What about them?
I'm just being silly, I'm not really mysophobic.....actually, come to think of it other people have been using this keyboard...<dashing off to wash hands again> :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!