Post holiday blues

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
zavk

Post holiday blues

Post by zavk »

Hi friends,

I just returned from a month long holiday and am experiencing a slight bout of post holiday blues. Have you experienced this?

:coffee:
With metta,
zavk
Ben

Re: Post holiday blues

Post by Ben »

Hi zavk
Yes, but not for a while.
Post-holiday blues, like everything else, will pass.
In the meantime, take care of yourself.
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello zavk,

Tell us about your holidays + the Simon and Garfunkel concert .... in Perth wasn't it? Did you get to see Ajahn Brahms while you were there?

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
zavk

Post by zavk »

Hi Ben and Chris,

Thanks for your kind words. It is the inevitable come down that comes with every high. But it is passing. :)

The holiday was great! It was good catch up the family again. There's not much else in Singapore except cheap food and shopping and I sure did a lot of that. It was also good to sometimes just chill out at home, sipping tea and playing games on the PS3. Was in Perth for a few days. Simon & Garfunkel, as you experienced yourself Chris, was amazing! Here's a recording from the concert of them playing 'America' one of my fave song of theirs. I had initially wanted to record a video of them but I realised that it is impossible to capture a fleeting experience on video. So I simply hit record on iPhone and enjoyed the moment. The sound quality of the recording is pretty impressive I must say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWRPQnc7m5k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately I didn't have time to visit the BSWA. It is a bit of a whirlwind trip, very lovely actually. We had a wonderful, metta-filled time in the company of old friends, of Simon & Garfunkel, and of old friends we hadn't seen in years.

We also travelled to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). The place was very hot and the traffic is absolutely crazy! It's quite taxing on the senses at times but I must say that there's some thing very captivating about HCMC--not simply because we could pamper ourselves without spending very much (e.g. an 8 course dinner for two at just over $100; a bespoke suit for $270) but also because of a certain charm about the place. Selected pics below:
Attachments
Cao Dai Temple--interesting syncretist religion
Cao Dai Temple--interesting syncretist religion
IMG_0481.JPG (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
IMG_0473.JPG
IMG_0473.JPG (162 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
early morning sky in Saigon.JPG
early morning sky in Saigon.JPG (215.65 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Post by zavk »

A few more pics:
Attachments
Sailing up the Mekong.jpg
Sailing up the Mekong.jpg (62.95 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
On the Mekong Delta
On the Mekong Delta
IMG_0499.JPG (161.57 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Old Saigon, New Saigon
Old Saigon, New Saigon
IMG_0488.JPG (216.89 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
With metta,
zavk
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi zavk
This old place wasn't the same without you.
I'm glad you're back!
Lovely photos.

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..