Chant Source Question

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
danieLion

Chant Source Question

Post by danieLion »

Is the chant "Reflections on Sharings and Blessings" (verses of sharing and aspiration) from a sutta? If so, which one? If not, what's its origin?
Kindly,
dL
tiltbillings

Re: Chant Source Question

Post by tiltbillings »

Could you quote it here, please?
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

I wonder if that's the same one as "Reflections On Sharing Blessings" on pages 32-33 of the Amaravati Chanting Book?

http://www.amaravati.org/documents/ABM_ ... k_2006.pdf

danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Aloka wrote:I wonder if that's the same one as "Reflections On Sharing Blessings" on pages 32-33 of the Amaravati Chanting Book?

http://www.amaravati.org/documents/ABM_ ... k_2006.pdf

Yes it is that one.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Not that I could find when I looked for all the references during my time at Amaravati.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Anyone know the source, then?