how to ground?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
palikanon123

how to ground?

Post by palikanon123 »

hello,

I regulary loose touch with the earth and my body. How can I ground myself?
When I try execercises with my body - my mind wants to escape even more.

metta
Coyote

Re: how to ground?

Post by Coyote »

What do you mean by "grounding"? Do you mean establishing mindfulness in the body?
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
palikanon123

Post by palikanon123 »

well I mean beeing at ease with and IN the body. Normally Im a bit out of the body. Especially when things get difficult Im flying out of the body and my control weakens.

metta
manas

Post by manas »

palikanon123 wrote:hello,

I regulary loose touch with the earth and my body. How can I ground myself?
When I try execercises with my body - my mind wants to escape even more.

metta
May I ask, how is your diet of late? Also sleep and physical exercise (for example, walking, weights etc)? I have read that a substantial, healthy meal of root vegetables and whole grains has a grounding effect. Doing proper physical exercise is also supposed to help.
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.