Looking for authorized free online resources

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Mojo

Looking for authorized free online resources

Post by Mojo »

I requested my library purchase Larry Rosenberg's Breath by Breath and Ven. Analayo's Satipatthana, but both requests were rejected. I am wondering if there are free authorized online versions of these books and where they can be found if so.

Also, I'd be interested to know which, if any, of Larry's talks on Dharmaseed correspond directly to his book.

Thank you.

Mojo
IanAnd

Re: Looking for authorized free online resources

Post by IanAnd »

Mojo wrote:I requested my library purchase Larry Rosenberg's Breath by Breath and Ven. Analayo's Satipatthana, but both requests were rejected. I am wondering if there are free authorized online versions of these books and where they can be found if so.
Try this. It's a large download, though (47MB).
Satipatthana, The Direct Path to Realization
http://www.budaedu.org/ebooks/6-EN.php
"The gift of truth exceeds all other gifts" — Dhammapada, v. 354 Craving XXIV
mal4mac

Post by mal4mac »

Mojo wrote: Also, I'd be interested to know which, if any, of Larry's talks on Dharmaseed correspond directly to his book.
He says in the intro.: "This book is based on transcripts of more than forty talks given over a three year period at CIMC, IMS, and the Barre centre for Buddhist Studies."

I'm not sure which three years - the book was published in 1998. It's not just transcripts, though, a lot of time was taken editing them into book form.
- Mal
kiwimark

Post by kiwimark »

http://www.buddhismuskunde.uni-hamburg. ... ations.htm

# 8 is analayo book (Satipatthana the direct path) authorized download 1.2mb :-)