What muscles are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
chownah

What muscles are you listening to right now?

Post by chownah »

Just wondered.
chownah
chownah

What mussels are you listening to right now?

Post by chownah »

At the ocean?
Ben

Re: What mussels are you listening to right now?

Post by Ben »

huh?
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
cooran

Re: What muscles are you listening to right now?

Post by cooran »

The ones around my right knee which was injured in a car accident a few months ago. Not listening exactly - just sensing.

Which ones are you listening to?
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

It can be rather fascinating to feel how you body moves when performing actions - which muscles are used and how your joints move: lifting a cup/shoulder joint rolling/ elbow closing/wrist turning/feeling the weight on your wrist/the muscles in your upper arm/the cup touching your lip and the liquid entering your mouth.
chownah

Post by chownah »

cooran wrote:The ones around my right knee which was injured in a car accident a few months ago. Not listening exactly - just sensing.

Right now it is neck and forearm muscles......neck because I'm not using good positioning while using the computer and forearms because I always use these a lot while doing my farming work and most every day they have a certain ache which through meditation I have learned to experience as a sort of neat feeling but one which warns me when I need to change how I am working to avoid overloading it.
chownah
chownah

Post by chownah »

Ben wrote:huh?
Mussels are a sort of clam like marine shell-self whose main aggregate for clinging seems to be the pilings supporting a dock or pier, or wharf for that matter.
chownah
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thank you Chownah I am aware what a mussel is.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

I assume that the green-lipped mussels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perna_canalicula
can whistle a tune or two.
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

I didnt think about it until i read this thread but im attending to the nice warm feeling in my tummy from eating oatmeal with blueberries, bannanas and maple syrup.

Good post :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

m0rl0ck wrote:I didnt think about it until i read this thread but im attending to the nice warm feeling in my tummy from eating oatmeal with blueberries, bannanas and maple syrup.
Yummy!.....now I'm attending to the desire to eat oatmeal, blueberries, bananas and maple syrup.

:tongue:
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Aloka wrote:
m0rl0ck wrote:I didnt think about it until i read this thread but im attending to the nice warm feeling in my tummy from eating oatmeal with blueberries, bannanas and maple syrup.
Yummy!.....now I'm attending to the desire to eat oatmeal, blueberries, bananas and maple syrup.

:tongue:

Cool :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
chownah

Post by chownah »

chownah wrote:
cooran wrote:The ones around my right knee which was injured in a car accident a few months ago. Not listening exactly - just sensing.

Right now it is neck and forearm muscles......neck because I'm not using good positioning while using the computer and forearms because I always use these a lot while doing my farming work and most every day they have a certain ache which through meditation I have learned to experience as a sort of neat feeling but one which warns me when I need to change how I am working to avoid overloading it.
chownah
I don't like what I said here about learning through meditation......this is not right.....I didn't "learn" this....that some unpleasant feelings are not a source of anguish but rather just something of interest just happens and to say I understand how this happens would be to fabricate something to explain something which I really do not fully understand.
chownah
Luke

Post by Luke »

chownah wrote:At the ocean?
None, because I live far from the ocean and because all the mussels I know refuse to talk to me on Skype anymore! :P

What's your next thread going to be? "Which moose are you listening to right now?" lol
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

chownah wrote:At the ocean?
I don't listen on porpoise... :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!