Princess Yasodhara in Shrines

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
PadmaPhala

Princess Yasodhara in Shrines

Post by PadmaPhala »

is it common to put Princess Yasodhara in a shrine?

my shrine has Shakyamuni Samyak Buddha, Yasodhara and one dragon*.

*green, I'm the founder and only member [so far] of Ordo Draconis Mithrandir... Dragon Rouge / Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis are allies.
Kim OHara

Re: Princess Yasodhara in Shrines

Post by Kim OHara »

PadmaPhala wrote:is it common to put Princess Yasodhara in a shrine?
Not to my knowledge.
If there is a female figure in a shrine, she is usually Guan Yin - yes, even in Theravadin temples, in Thailand at least.
PadmaPhala wrote: my shrine has Shakyamuni Samyak Buddha, Yasodhara and one dragon*.
*green, I'm the founder and only member [so far] of Ordo Draconis Mithrandir... Dragon Rouge / Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis are allies.
It's unorthodox, but there's nothing wrong with it. The main purpose of the shrine is to help you focus your mind on the spiritual life, so you can use whatever images work for you.

:namaste:
Kim
Coyote

Re: Princess Yasodhara in Shrines

Post by Coyote »

I can't answer your question, but Dragon Rouge looks like an interesting organisation, something I would be interested in a long time ago. I would be interested to know how you mix that kind of spirituality and Buddhism.
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26