Hage from Brazil

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Hage

Hage from Brazil

Post by Hage »

Hi everyone! :hello:
My last name is Hage, and I'm from Brazil - so, forgive me if I am changing the order of the words or if I am writing something wrong, I have studied English just for 2 years.
Then, besides improving my English (lol), I hope I can know a lot of people here and discuss about Buddhism! :lol:

Being buddhist in Brazil is still something new, specially of Theravada, I think it is the school less divulged here. Besides it, I live in a small city, without Buddhist centers - perhaps I needed a little more Karma? lol, this is a joke - or not [?]
So, I didn't go to a buddhist center yet, and now I am buddhist for a year just from studies from the internet, but it is being good for develop the fator of Investigation for myself lol...

Well, I was born on a christianity Family, but God never was something clear to me, I decided to forget this thing and focus on my mind. Since my six, seven years, I remember that I Always asked myself how it would be living in a forest? What is the difference between wisdom and intelligence? Sometimes I think I already was a buddhist at my last life, but this is just speculation of my part lol

So, last year, on my researches of religions, I liked Buddhism a lot. After studying a lot, I thought aboout choosing between Zen and Theravada, choosing this last one. My practice is not very 'correct' yet, a lot of times I became despondent, but I'm realizing that it is wrong effort of my part... Basically, I use the methods of Ajahn Brahm as ground for my practice, and I like to read the teachings of his máster, Ajahn Chah, even so Henepola Guratana, Ajahn Sumedho and some of others Masters including of Zen and Tibetan Buddhism and Taoísm.

I hope my English is enough to communicate with you. Please, say to me if it is good enough, if not, I will study a little more before coming back here hahaha xD

I am very grateful for who constructed this Fórum, I hope many living beings can use this with wisdom and compassion, as I will try to do.
Thank you for this opportunity :bow:

Metta from Brazil for all of you :anjali:
Last edited by Hage on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you really see uncertainty clearly, you will see that which is certain. The certainty is that things must inevitably be uncertain and that they cannot be otherwise. [...] If you know that all things are impermanent, all your thinking will gradually unwind and you won’t need to think too much. Whenever anything arises, all you need to say is "Oh, another one!" Just that! - Ajahn Chah
cooran

Re: Hage from Brazil

Post by cooran »

welcome Hage! :group:

Your English is good and clear.

I look forward to reading more from you. :smile:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:thumbsup:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hage,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Hage

Post by Hage »

Thanks Chris, David and Retro.

That's good my English is well, thanks for the patience Chris! :smile:
If you really see uncertainty clearly, you will see that which is certain. The certainty is that things must inevitably be uncertain and that they cannot be otherwise. [...] If you know that all things are impermanent, all your thinking will gradually unwind and you won’t need to think too much. Whenever anything arises, all you need to say is "Oh, another one!" Just that! - Ajahn Chah
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome Hage! You write well and your English is much better than my Portuguese anyday!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Olá, Hage. Bem-vindo ao fórum.

Your english is excelent for a person who just studied it for 2 years! I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Um abraço de Portugal.

EDIT: PS: the "rsrsrs" is from brazilian origins which means "riso" if I'm not mistaken, so you'll be better understood if you say "lol".
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Hage

Post by Hage »

Khalil Bodhi wrote:Welcome Hage! You write well and your English is much better than my Portuguese anyday!
Thank you Khalil, I would be very happy on helping you with your Portuguese! :D
Modus.Ponens wrote:PS: the "rsrsrs" is from brazilian origins which means "riso" if I'm not mistaken, so you'll be better understood if you say "lol".
Oh! You're right Modus! I forgot abou this detail! If you didn't advise me, I would write it a lot of times more. Thank you lol hahaha xD
Aliás, legal saber que há mais pessoas que falam o português por aqui :twothumbsup:
Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

Very well met, Hage. May you find what you seek and be well, friend. :namaste:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
Hage

Post by Hage »

Thank you Hickersonia. Take care of yourself, friend :anjali: