Hello from Canada!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
HenryDLacklaw

Hello from Canada!

Post by HenryDLacklaw »

Hi everyone, my name is Johnny, I'm 19, and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm a Canadian by birth and citizenship but I consider myself a proud New Yorker and Long Islander (go Mets)! I'm of Greek descent and proud of it. I'm currently studying English lit and philosophy at the University of Toronto. I first discovered Buddhism in middle school when I was ten or eleven and I knew instantly that it was the religion for me. However I didn't really start practicing until I was about 16 and didn't start practicing really seriously until about 18 when I basically used the Dhamma to cure my own depression. :smile:

I'm really glad to have found this forum and have been reading it constantly for the last few months but this is only my second time posting. I'm looking forward to posting more!

:anjali:

Metta,
HenryDLacklaw
SarathW

Re: Hello from Canada!

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
Welcome!
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Johnny!

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:yingyang:
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome!

Mike
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Welcome.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com