Is there a risk of being buried alive while in Deep Jhana?

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
Virgo

Re: Is there a risk of being buried alive while in Deep Jhan

Post by Virgo »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Is there any chance of gaining deep jhāna if buried alive?
lol Bhante.
Zimesky

Post by Zimesky »

According to that, I understand that if you stop meditating by hearing a bell, then it was not deep Jhana.
Maybe it's a special esoteric bell, or somethin. I have no idea, I haven't attained the state, or met anyone who has to confirm anything. I also heard it's not good to touch anyone in Jhana. Esoteric Buddhism and Taoism believes that a lot of energy flows through your body while in Jhana, it could be detrimental to the natural flow of the chi. That's just random stuff I read somewhere, :reading: I really have no clue, hah.

I did hear a neat story about 2 Monks that went to meditate in a forest, under some trees.

Two Monks traveled to a forest to meditate, they then entered into deep Dhyana/Jhana meditation that lasted for many years. During that time the trees grew around and over the monks, hiding them away. One day a woodsman cut down one of the trees and found it to be not only hollow, but had a monk sitting silently inside. The Monk looked up at the woodsman and took a look around, trying to find his brother and asked "Did you happen to cut down another tree that had my friend inside?" The stunned woodsman said he hadn't, and the Monk thanked him and climbed out of the tree and wandered off into the forest.
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

gavesako wrote:Now the scientists claim to have discovered a "consciousness meter" to measure whether you are still in there or not:
I would like to know. :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!