I'm often sleepy! What i doing?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Ajisai

Re: I'm often sleepy! What i doing?

Post by Ajisai »

Advice from my personal experience : Check if you are not lacking iron and magnesium in your blood. Iron gives you energy, and magnesium helps you sleeping deeper, so when you wake up you feel better.
Females especially have a tendancy to lack of iron. You can try to eat more food providing iron.

I heard eating an apple is a better way to wake up than drinking coffee. It's also healthier !
mirco

Post by mirco »

Ajisai wrote:Advice from my personal experience : Check if you are not lacking iron and magnesium in your blood. Iron gives you energy, and magnesium helps you sleeping deeper, so when you wake up you feel better. Females especially have a tendancy to lack of iron. You can try to eat more food providing iron. I heard eating an apple is a better way to wake up than drinking coffee. It's also healthier !
Good food always is important. Uh, and better don't use any dietary supplement (vitamin pills etc.), that ain't wholesome.

:namaste:
lotus flower

Post by lotus flower »

mirco wrote:
Ajisai wrote:Advice from my personal experience : Check if you are not lacking iron and magnesium in your blood. Iron gives you energy, and magnesium helps you sleeping deeper, so when you wake up you feel better. Females especially have a tendancy to lack of iron. You can try to eat more food providing iron. I heard eating an apple is a better way to wake up than drinking coffee. It's also healthier !
Good food always is important. Uh, and better don't use any dietary supplement (vitamin pills etc.), that ain't wholesome.

:namaste:
Dear Ajisai!
ok, i try to eat such foods.... it is a good advice. :thumbsup:

Dear Mirco!
"that ain't wholesome" - WHY? i took a many vitamins and multivitamin pills sometime
We found the teaching of the Buddha. Be grateful for it... We can meditate... Be grateful for it... We know that this universe is the samsara. Be grateful for it... We have THE CHANCE TO ATTAIN NIBBANA. Be grateful for it... :buddha1: :buddha2:
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

lotus flower wrote:...but I often can't meditate if i don't drink a few coffee.
Same here, but I don't see what's so awful about a couple of cups of coffee in the morning. ;)
Buddha save me from new-agers!
mirco

Post by mirco »

Dear Lotus,
lotus flower wrote:Dear Mirco!
"that ain't wholesome" - WHY? i took a many vitamins and multivitamin pills sometime
Artificial chemicals mixed in factories vs. vegetables, flowers, herbs and fruits? With pills all you get is expensive urine.

In plants more than only vitamins to be found. They contain bioactive ingredients they need for their living. Have you ever seen a basket of apples with one gone bad and athe others surrounding it being fresh and not affected by the rotten one, even after quite a time? Our body is able to transform their energy for it's purpose, keeping us healthy. The benefit of natural, non-artificial food is longtime proven by science. Generating as complex and healthy foods as vegetables, fruits, herbs etc. with machines is not yet possible (ever will be?).

:anjali:

Sorry for broken english. Not my first language.