how to encounter dhamma friends‏, question goes to expert

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

how to encounter dhamma friends‏, question goes to expert

Postby mario92 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 am

hi everyone, im looking now for apropriate dhamma friends in my comunity, who has faith in the theravada buddhism, i think i need it so much, but the only thing that i found were people who dont practice the true teachings of the buddha (people who practice the horoscope, who play the drum, and does not have any discipline in the precepts, or have not an illuminated master, asociated with the tibetan budhism, and arent informated), so what characteristic or qualities does the dhamma friends should have, how to encounter them, and what attitude one should have towards them? Or should i practice yoga with other people more serious only as a therapy?
mario92

Re: how to encounter dhamma friends‏, question goes to exper

Postby SarathW » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:21 am

Hi Mario
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
======================
You don’t go to Nirvana with your friends.
Path is just a one man band!
:)
SarathW

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 am

You may not be able to find good friends near you, though I am sure there are some Theravāda Buddhists in Mexico. Search the Buddhanet directory.

The best source for reliable information may be on sites like this one, but as Sarath suggests, you still have to take personal responsibility for deciding what is, and what is not, the true teaching of the Buddha.
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Postby equilibrium » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 am

mario92 wrote:hi everyone, im looking now for apropriate dhamma friends in my comunity, who has faith in the theravada buddhism, i think i need it so much, but the only thing that i found were people who dont practice the true teachings of the buddha (people who practice the horoscope, who play the drum, and does not have any discipline in the precepts, or have not an illuminated master, asociated with the tibetan budhism, and arent informated), so what characteristic or qualities does the dhamma friends should have, how to encounter them, and what attitude one should have towards them? Or should i practice yoga with other people more serious only as a therapy?

The following will be useful....."Seeing the Dhamma"
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13938
equilibrium

Return to Lounge