Is there an "Ajahn Brahm" forum?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Feathers

Re: Is there an "Ajahn Brahm" forum?

Post by Feathers »

I completely agree $2 is reasonable, my shock was because I mistakenly thought it was $50. And yes, many many thanks to all the people who make this site possible :smile:
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

James the Giant wrote:If you want to talk about Ajahn Brahm, to be honest either this forum or NewBuddhist is better. The DhammaLoka forum is nice, but very small.
Googling on "NewBuddhist" yields several sites, could post a URL?

Thank you.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
davemiller

Post by davemiller »

The Dhammaloka site is interesting. They host a live Dhamma Talk on Friday at 8:00 PM WST. (That is 6:00 AM my time and a nice addition to the morning. There is no charge for monitoring the feed. However, last week on the attached live chat window there was a VERY persistent spammer trying to sell during the presentation.

I greatly appreciate the kindness and good will of the owner/administrators/moderators on this site. For those of you who may not remember what is like to be a new Buddhist.....................well, let me just say having access to a place like this site and Dharmawheel.net is simply wonderful.

Dave
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

I watch those talks after they are saved to their youtube channel( I use Mint Linux & Firefox ). No spammers, no commercials.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
ricebowl

Post by ricebowl »

fivebells wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. Is there also a Thanissaro-specific community?
I know you can get Thanissaro via Accesstoinsight and dhammatalks.org, most of the suttas being discussed here at Dhammawheel are often being translated by him
kilanta

Post by kilanta »

Magoo wrote:
Feathers wrote:Thanks :smile:

Edit: huh, you have to pay to post? Interesting. Still useful to be able to browse.
I think the cost to be a member on Dhammaloka is about $2 which is a user pays philsophy to cover costs of administration etc.
Sound more like a spam-prevention measure to me.