Hello from India

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Sanjay PS

Hello from India

Post by Sanjay PS »

Hello,

Am from India and consider myself very fortunate to get Dhamma at the age of 28 ( 43 year old man now , still quite very ignorant ) , when i was at one of the lowest points of my life { saying one of the lowest , because the future may well bring about any kind of swings :-) }

Looking back to early childhood , i find the seeds were very much in place and yet ignorance was also very very very strong. Some good parmita raised its head in time , and from an indifferent person to either the good or the bad , i have dipped in, to an extent , in completely understanding that we are entirely responsible of our own predicament , and it is wise to do good as much as possible before time runs out.

Grateful to the Buddha , the Dhamma and Sangha , in extending their infinite compassion , when I had almost given up hope . The first course done in March 1998 was life changing ,and Goenkajis metta, was like an all enveloping wave that embraced, soaked and drenched every pore of the body and mind.....

i am grateful to one and all..........

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from India

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Glad to hear of the success!

Have you been to Bodh Gaya and the other important pilgrimage sites yet?
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

David N. Snyder wrote:Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Glad to hear of the success!

Have you been to Bodh Gaya and the other important pilgrimage sites yet?
Hi David,

Thank you for the kind welcome .

As soon as our first child was born , and realizing there was little that i could do by being besides with my wife in the initial period , i decided to embark on a 45 day travel to the places where Lord Buddha had dwelled .I am so happy that i could do this , and by the end of the 45 days , i ran out of the little money that i had taken along . At Kushinara , i had to seek the alms of food and shelter from a gracious person . Lumbhini, Sarnath , Bodh Gaya and Srawasthi , were the places that i could go and meditate . Could also go to the cave where the Venerable Arahant, Angulimal used to meditate . It was nice.

Looking back , i doubt , if i can now do this again. The energy , the zeal , has come down , and the situations of a being a family man , limits opportunities. I remember telling my wife , that in this life being a Man , i must make most use of the freedom in going to the places of where the Buddha , the Dhamma and the Sangha shone . I am glad she permitted.

Warm regards,
sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome to DW!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome Sanjay,

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome Sanjay.

Kevin
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Sanjay! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Sanjay!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Sanjay,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

Grateful to all the kindness of welcome :thanks:

Looking forward to learn and become inspired by all of you.

may i shed my ignorance as much as i can .

warm regards,
sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

U S.N. Goenka