Foods for Anxiety

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Re: Foods for Anxiety

Postby Ben » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:38 am

Jhana4 wrote:
dagon wrote:jhana$ said

I'm sorry. I have no intention of being a contrarian, but that is out of date information. I've had an interest in these issues for decades.

OK, no problems - so you say that this is out of date and you have better information - please give us that information with references. I am open to learn from proven sources and many people are interested in this subject.

We are all entitled to our own opinions - but we are not entitled to our own "facts'. This is more so the case when what we write can affect the lives of other people.

metta
paul

No disrespect Paul, but I have little faith in an exchange of citations on the internet. People just dispute the validity of the sources of the citations they do not like. More honestly, I am too tired and do not care enough to look up where I read them. That isn't disrespect, just an honest answer.

"A claim made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
- Christopher Hitchens.
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Virgo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

greggorious wrote:I take a couple of supplements for more anxiety, Chamomile and magnesium, both are quite mild but I can't take valerian are anything stronger cos it just makes me depressed.
What foods are good for the nervous system? I'm putting together a mild exercise regime and not to mention meditation too.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

The true cause of anxiety is akusala citta.

Kevin
Virgo

Postby Still Searching » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, I know my answers offend you or aren't very helpful but suffer from anxiety.

I stay away from caffeine and take Kalm tablets.
I also drink chamomile tea.
Another mothed I used was the paper bag thing.

Unfortunately, panic attacks can last a long while :cry: but they do disappear eventually! :smile:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Still Searching

Previous

Return to Wellness, Diet & Fitness