Ending life's journey

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Ending life's journey

Postby beingnobody » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello Dhamma Wheel!

I've known about you as a community for a long time, but for some reason haven't gotten around to posting until now. That's how the Dhamma has been for me... I'm always putting it off, eschewing what I know deep down is truly important, so that I can spend one more day or year pushing my career, my ambitions, my art, or whatever other distractions Mara dangles in front of me.

Two years ago, I hit my head hard while longboarding, and it resulted in a cascade of defeats, struggles, and self-destructiveness in my life. I have toiled over whether the injury's effects have left me unable to achieve spiritual peace. These self-doubts, when I approach them calmly with insight, seem to go away rather quickly when I realize that our mind is, in fact, constantly in flux: dulled by substances, ignited by insights, weathered by age... to imagine my mind like a broken mirror is erroneous. The mind is more like a mud figure, never quite reified, getting wetter and drier, moulding into different forms.

Now I find my life much more settled. I have entered one of those periods of my life, like I have before, where something deep inside of me begins to still, and I subtly emerge onto this plane of consciousness where I'm aware of how insane samsara's psychology really is. All of this striving towards self-realization is, in fact, a distraction from reality. Like a beautiful-sounding creature, deep in the forest, something calls to me...

And thus I'm here greeting you. I hope that I am here to stay.

-beingnobody
beingnobody

Re: Ending life's journey

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Welcome to DhammaWheel, beingnobody! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby Sanjay PS » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 am

Being nobody is being in tune with life .

Nice to know you. Thank you.

sanjay
Sanjay PS

Postby appicchato » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm

:candle:
appicchato

Postby Virgo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome. :anjali:

Virgo
Virgo

Postby bodom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Welcome!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby beingnobody » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! It feels good to know where to turn for support in my practice.

Metta,
beingnobody
beingnobody

Return to Introductions