Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Wi

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
SDC

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by SDC »

^^^That episode was classic!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

:smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

That would be a deal killer, along with tobacco, drugs, and alcohol.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

:jumping:

So the republican is open minded enough to be involved with a liberal but not vice versa?
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

m0rl0ck wrote::jumping:

So the republican is open minded enough to be involved with a liberal but not vice versa?
It depends.

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
rohana

Post by rohana »

"Delighting in existence, O monks, are gods and men; they are attached to existence, they revel in existence. When the Dhamma for the cessation of existence is being preached to them, their minds do not leap towards it, do not get pleased with it, do not get settled in it, do not find confidence in it. That is how, monks, some lag behind."
- It. p 43
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

The Daily Show. Good gawd!! Great, biting satire and commentary at times, but hardly a basis for a careful, considered criticism.
Au contraire...
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

appicchato wrote:
The Daily Show. Good gawd!! Great, biting satire and commentary at times, but hardly a basis for a careful, considered criticism.
Au contraire...
That is less than helpful. Which part are you being contrary to?

appicchato

Post by appicchato »

...the first African-American elected president...
Uhhh...dude's half Caucasian...next... :popcorn:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

appicchato wrote:
...the first African-American elected president...
Uhhh...dude's half Caucasian...next... :popcorn:
Dude? Seriously? Well, this "dude" is also half African and was primarily raised in the United States. In the United States, even being halfies, he is considered African American, and he so identifies himself. Next, indeed.

chownah

Post by chownah »

He might consider himself to be African American but he is deluded so what does he know?
chownah
Ben

Post by Ben »

chownah wrote:He might consider himself to be African American but he is deluded so what does he know?
chownah
I have no idea what you mean by this statement, chownah.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:
chownah wrote:He might consider himself to be African American but he is deluded so what does he know?
chownah
Give him a break. He is trying to be funny, again.

chownah

Post by chownah »

Ben wrote:
chownah
I guess then that having no idea, your mind is at peace.
chownah
chownah

Post by chownah »

tiltbillings wrote:
Ben wrote:
chownah
Give him a break. He is trying to be funny, again.
That's funny!......I was serious.......but not serious in a way warranting stressfulness.
chownah