Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Wi

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by tiltbillings »

Mr Man wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:
Mr Man wrote:I don't want to discuss the drone stakes but drone strikes are dictated by the politics of the US and Obama, but I think you are forcing this off topic.
You have yet to show how what you have posted relates to the OP and to what has been discussed so far.
I have already posted why I think it relates but if you don't think it does so be it. Maybe we should move on now?
I am simply asking you to clarify, to draw out, to explain, to plainly show why you think the msg in question relates what is being discussed. I looked at the first paragraph as you suggested, it is not all clear or obvious what you are getting at by your post. Please, take the time and explain what your point is by that post.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Well there are many rational reasons to be critical of the Obama presidencies. Malala Yousafzai is critical of the drone strikes because she thinks they fuel terrorism and because innocent people are killed. I don't think that she is a hater or his moral inferior.

Now if this topic was meant to be about the shutdown and US internal political manoeuvring then yes my posts may have missed the mark but this thread had already rambled and wobbled and possibly the intention of the OP was not that clear. Some may enjoy to read about Malala and listen to her speak.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Mr Man wrote:Well there are many rational reasons to be critical of the Obama presidencies. Malala Yousafzai is critical of the drone strikes because she thinks they fuel terrorism and because innocent people are killed. I don't think that she is a hater or his moral inferior.

Now if this topic was meant to be about the shutdown and US internal political manoeuvring then yes my posts may have missed the mark but this thread had already rambled and wobbled and possibly the intention of the OP was not that clear. Some may enjoy to read about Malala and listen to her speak.
That is all very nice, but it does seem that the article referenced in the OP and the framing question are point to the oposition players in the rather dramatic struggle over the government shutdown and the debt ceiling business, and that is pretty much what has been discussed here. Malala is one very exceptional human being, exemplifying the best of Gandhi, but her example does not, sadly, negate the, to use your words, undemocratic behavior exemplified in recent events in this country.
Mr Man wrote:An idea that those who are critical of Obama are haters and that they are motivated by resentment because he is a "shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being." is an undemocratic idea.
Malala is a "civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in her own self) human being." But, alas, I don't think the article (though she is mentioned) or the OP is talking about her as being a hater; rather, the OP is talking about those who would actually do harm their own country than see Obama succeed. And that is what has been, for the most part, discussed here.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

I will try to explain :

this thread was about an article - which started with
Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate.

personally ti think thats a bombastic statement with a condescending tone to it - personally i dislike obamas polices and i dont think i feel this way because obama is so good looking and i am ugly so im jealous of him (jk)

i didnt want to talk about obamas politics - i wanted to address how outrages that paragraph is - i believe this is what mr man is saying (right?) - i guess its not about the what is said but how its said

i probobly did this in an un-smart way ( im not obama after all ;) ) wasnt clear enough and this all thread got derailed
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

tiltbillings wrote:the OP and the framing question are point to the oposition players in the rather dramatic struggle over the government shutdown and the debt ceiling business, and that is pretty much what has been discussed here.
Not sure about that. There is plenty that has happened in conversation has not been focused (on the govt. shutdown) read the first few pages, even if that was what the op was wanting.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

purple planet wrote:I will try to explain :

this thread was about an article - which started with
Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate.

personally ti think thats a bombastic statement with a condescending tone to it - personally i dislike obamas polices and i dont think i feel this way because obama is so good looking and i am ugly so im jealous of him (jk)

i didnt want to talk about obamas politics - i wanted to address how outrages that paragraph is - i believe this is what mr man is saying (right?) - i guess its not about the what is said but how its said
The paragraph is not so outrageous that it does not carry a bit of truth with it, but then I would suspect you have no real understanding of race relations in this country.

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Mr Man wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:the OP and the framing question are point to the oposition players in the rather dramatic struggle over the government shutdown and the debt ceiling business, and that is pretty much what has been discussed here.
Not sure about that. There is plenty that has happened in conversation has not been focused (on the govt. shutdown) read the first few pages, even if that was what the op was wanting.
The article that is referenced and quoted from is headlined: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Willful Ignorance That clearly points to the shutdown, debt ceiling business driven by the tea party faction in the US Congress.

The supposedly offending statement -- Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate. -- is pretty much to the point.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Is there any way to properly practice Buddhism without being an Obama supporter, it would seem some think not.......
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

lyndon taylor wrote:Is there any way to properly practice Buddhism without being an Obama supporter, it would seem some think not.......

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

lyndon taylor wrote:Is there any way to properly practice Buddhism without being an Obama supporter, it would seem some think not.......
I have not seen anyone in this thread even remotely suggest, much less overtly say, that supporting Obama is the "way to properly practice Buddhism." What is being talked about here is the animus behind the rather destructive anti-Obama politics that we have seen just played out in America.

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

tiltbillings wrote: The supposedly offending statement -- Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate. -- is pretty much to the point.
I didn't take offense at all in that statement. It is directed at the intractable numbskulls I refered to previously, not left wing people like me.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Modus.Ponens wrote:
tiltbillings wrote: The supposedly offending statement -- Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate. -- is pretty much to the point.
I didn't take offense at all in that statement. It is directed at the intractable numbskulls I refered to previously, not left wing people like me.
And what needs to be understood, it is not directed at the right wing in general.

greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

Presidents are not elected, they are selected! FDR

No hater here, but I must say most of our president's are just sock puppets. The ones that will not tow the line get shot.

A significant majority of Barack Obama's campaign funding came from Business Roundtable members... Fox News is owned by Roundtable member Rupert Murdoch, and Fox relies heavily on advertising money from Roundtable members. Rupurt Murdoch even supported Obama over John McCain... So here you have an excellent divide-and-conquer psychological operation. Fox News declares Obama the enemy, and Obama declares Fox the enemy, yet the Economic Elite remain in the shadows, behind the scenes, untouched and continuing their plunder. David Degraw AmpedStatus, 2010, p52

This has been happening every since we have built cities…there are cycles, kinda reminds me of farming, taxes and war farming.
Form is like a glob of foam; feeling, a bubble; perception, a mirage; fabrications, a banana tree; consciousness, a magic trick this has been taught by the Kinsman of the Sun. Phena Sutta: Foam
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

greenthumb wrote:
A significant majority of Barack Obama's campaign funding came from Business Roundtable members...
And behind them is the Illuminati, and behind them are the Freemasons, and behind them are the Knights Templar, and . . . .

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

greenthumb wrote: I wear a tinfoil hat and see black helicopters following me
Yep. Your previous msg was off-topic.