Need attention of an educated native English speaker

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and scriptures.
sphairos

Need attention of an educated native English speaker

Post by sphairos »

Dear friends,

As an Indologist and Buddhist scholar I am currently applying for an important research grant, and I need some educated native English speaker with some knowledge of Buddhism or Buddhology to check my English in my outline of the research project. As my project is related to the Early Buddhism perhaps there will be something of interest for the academically interested in the Early Buddhism's history and philology. I have only two weeks to check my English. The case is just 2 essays: 5-page-one and 2-page-one. I'd be so grateful to you...
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
Hickersonia

Re: Need attention of an educated native English speaker

Post by Hickersonia »

If you're looking primarily for proofreading, I'd be willing to look over the material for you and offer suggestions. Seven pages of material doesn't sound like it would terribly overwhelm my reading schedule.

Of course, there may be many more qualified individuals here who might also be interested in helping. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to discuss it with me further.

:anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

I will also assist, if you choose to PM me.

:anjali:
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
MidGe

Post by MidGe »

I am also willing and have the time.

Feel free to PM me if I can help.
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

Guys, thank you all so much for your readiness to help! I will finish the essays within 2 days and then write to you.
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?